Exciting news! My fellow blogger, Leigh, in New Zealand has nominated me for the LIEBSTER AWARD! This is my first award as a blogger and I’m so HONORED that I get to share this with you! GET EXCITED and go check out her blog! She is truly One of A Kind! (Thank you, Leigh!!)
So, I did a little research and found that “liebster” is the German word meaning “favorite” (as well as… sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome!) which makes this such a special award!
Here’s How It Works:
• Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you’ve tagged.
• Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
• Go to their page and tell them.
• No tag backs! 😉
Leigh had some really great questions for me! I have definitely enjoyed this process! (Thanks again!)
1. What drew you to creating a blog?
Originally, I began this blog as a desperate cry for accountability in my failing efforts to lose my newly gained 40 pounds at the time! I have since been SO inspired by my readers! That’s YOU! Your encouraging comments, messages, tweets, likes and conversations have given me the confidence I always wished for and needed to write my New York Times Best Seller! Turns out it’s always been there looking for readers just like you! I finally feel like I’m doing what I’ve dreamed of and absolutely Love It!
2. What is the funniest one liner you’ve heard?
Gosh, this is easy! I am a Huge fan of the hit television show Modern Family on ABC and they’re all over the place! So, I have a ton of favorites, but do you know someone who has to be right all the time? Are you that person? Claire Dunphy is…
“Sweetheart I would love to be wrong, but I don’t live with the right people for that.”
3. What are you hoping to get out of your blog?
My blog has become the home of my life project! The passion I’m dying to share with the world! Ending the confusion and discrimination that has evolved around Mental Health is my mission! So with all my heart, I confidently hope and believe that here is a place to inspire and be inspired, to give and be given, to love and be loved, and more than anything else, this is the place to accept and be accepted, just the way you are. Because you’re PERFECT!
4. Have you ever upset someone by something that you said in your blog?
You know, that’s a great question! So far, not that I’m aware of… But it is Bound to happen! On so many levels, Mental Health is misunderstood and sometimes even controversial. I know that this topic is far from the public eye, most commonly by choice! But I’m up for every challenge ahead! As I continue the writing of my book, I’d be lying if I said I have no fear of upsetting someone. I’m terrified! By exposing myself, I’m naturally exposing those closest to me throughout my life! I can guarantee my commitment to write with integrity, but understand that it is impossible to please everyone!
5. Are you supported in your bloggy endeavors?
Supported? Of course! One of the greatest things about the internet is that the odds of finding people who are interested in your writing is HUGE! It gives the entire world a “local” feeling and allows others to interact with you that may never have had the opportunity to connect with otherwise! It’s beautiful. I love it.
6. Optimist or pessimist?
Ha! I guess it depends on what day you ask me! … No really, in life, I have my ups and downs. I’m either hot or cold without warning! But, when it comes my message, I have nothing but positive hope and optimism to share! I cannot tell you how difficult it has been for me to find a positive place to get real about Mental Health, so I’ve decided to create it myself. With your help! As a topic, it doesn’t have to be so depressing! Watch me prove it!
7. What makes you smile?
Savannah! That’s my dog. She’s a German Short-haired Pointer Dalmatian… Let me tell you! She is sunshine.
8. If there was one thing that you could do everyday that would make you happy what would that be?
If I could wake up everyday and just make one person feel genuinely loved and accepted, I would be happy. Everyday.
9. Do you like the person that smiles back at you in your mirror?
Wow… I think this calls for a post of its own!
10. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
Honestly, it’s been extremely hard! But it’s been incredible! I wouldn’t change a thing! There’s been terror, pain and heartache, but there’s also been hope, love and salvation! I have all the same extreme emotions about my past that you may have, but I wouldn’t be who I am today without it. I absolutely love my life… even when I hate it! 😉
11. What is the most inspirational quote you’ve heard?
Just one?! Hmm… I’ll go with the most recent. Ever since I was discharged from the hospital, I cannot live without (1) weekly sessions with my therapist, and (2) GROUP THERAPY! The stories, advice and insights shared are invaluable! It’s magical. Last week, there was conversation about how to stay focused on moving forward without allowing doubts and fears about relapse to stop you. We were all reminded, “If you stick to your guns now, think of where you’ll be in a year!” It’s that simple! I give credit to those words for finally going running again. They have given me instant awareness and focus when I feel like I’m not making any progress!
Here are my new nominees for the LIEBSTER AWARD!
And here are your questions!
- Let us know where you’re from and why you began blogging!
- What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
- Any travel destination recommendations?
- Name 3 books you can’t live without!
- If you could travel in time, what year would you go to and why?
- What puts a smile on your face?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- Funniest one-liner?
- How can we stay updated on your latest? (website, twitter, facebook, etc.)
- Blogging Support… (1ofakind.co.nz)
- Why mental health is a political issue | Mark Fisher (guardian.co.uk)
- Polls Needed! (feministperspective.wordpress.com)
- Launching Mental Health Must Reads (beyondepression.com)
- Mental Health Awareness (everydayhealth.com)
- Healing Sex, Staci Haines: Madness Radio (beyondmeds.com)